I've been here almost two months. I have like 3 close friends here and I'm lonely as hell. I just don't relate to anyone here. All of my close friends down south are pretty much going through the same thing. It really sucks being the girl from the state that drowned. Which kinda of pisses me off. Cause alot of Louisiana didn't even get destroyed. It also sucks not having anyone to relate to as well. Friday is family day, everybody parents get to come and visit each class and talk to the teachers. I will be the only one who doesn't have any family here. Which will suck big time trust me. It also sucks that the I will have to spent Thanksgiving here alone. I'm going back to Louisiana for Christmas and New Year.


In other news. I got my hair braided on Monday. The girl(Ligoleni) who did my hair is from the same part of Africa(Malawi) my parents are from. So she did it for half price. Ligoleni is 21 and was really nice and invited me to hang out with her.

I'm now reading two new books.
Cruddy by Lynda Barry & The Rights of Racial Minorities (It's a ACLU Handbook). I'm reading it as apart of my Poly Sci class. I am obsessed with Cruddy I love the Illustrations.

Tonight at 7pm Octavia Johnson(candidate for Roanoke City Sheriff) will be discussing empowerment of woman. I will be there to hear her speak. Tomorrow at 8pm I'm going to miss the apperance of Ellen Goodman. She won a Pulitzer in 1980. Ellen will be talking about (Whatever Happened to the Women's Movement). I have to work tomorrow. Which means I get Sunday off.