Domino Website

Over the weekend I saw the movie Domino before I had to go my job. I really don't know how to review this film properly. Except to say that it left me with the desire to get up at certain points and to then stick around just to see how it would ends. This film was all over the place. I originally went to see it because of the trailer, Mickey Rourke(I love Barfly, Johnny Handsome, Angel Heart and his whole section in Sin City was trully amazing), Christopher Walken (The Man is a Genius), Tony Scott(True Romance) and because I thought it would be a really cool film. I'm not really a Keira Knightley fan, but she was okay I guess. Mo'Nique was actually good in the film. The whole Jerry Springer(28 year old grandmother, Black-Tino, Chi-Negro) thing made me laugh really hard. Macy Gray and Shondrella Avery(LaFawnduh) as Lashindra & Lashandra Davis made absolutely no sense at all (until the end). Ed Mosbey & Choco(Mickey Rourke & Edgar Ramirez) the bounty hunters were actually good. Tony Scott could of made a movie just out of the two of them. I,ve never seen Edgar Ramirez(Choco) in a film before. He really kept my eyes glued on the screen. Christopher Walken was just as wonderful as he always is. Brian Austin Green & Ian Ziering (crappy actor from crappy 90210) were sorta playing themselves/celebrity hostages. They served absoulty no purpose at all(but to annoy and be hostages). But, their reaction after someone's arm get shot off was priceless.


The whole Tom Waits montage was really when I just couldn't sit still. He was a bible sellsman/wandering soothsayer/trailer victims savior who came out of the middle of nowwhere and talked about saving (Mo'Nique's) grandaughter and then drove them to Las Vegas and just went away. I literally almost peed on myself when this section of the movie was going on. It's a good thing I caught the matinee and not alot of people were around.

But in the end I actually liked this movie and can't wait to see it again. All of the gun shooting, crazy ass dialogue, explosions and various other ridiculous stuff was really fun. I enjoyed the whole thing. When it comes out on DVD I actually might buy this film. It the only movie this year that I actually was waitng in the theater to see what was going to happen next. It by far was the most intersting film I've seen all year at the movies. I know that nothing in this movie is true except Domino's name and that she was a bounty Hunter.




Mo'Nique's Jerry Springer Scene